VANtalks, a local version of the international TED Talk phenomenon, will host its fourth annual VANtalks event on Thursday, May 30 at Kiggins Theatre (1011 Main St, Vancouver).
“From entrepreneurs to creatives, innovators to changemakers – VANtalks 2019 Living a Life, will ignite your creativity, fuel your passions and inspire you to make a difference,” said Kevin Hiebert, VANtalks founder.
This year’s lineup includes:
– Allison Magyar: CEO & Founder of Hubb
The Journey from Fear of Failure to Self-Confidence: It Takes a Village
– Brad Richardson: Director of the Clark County Historical Museum
Our Park: Esther Short Park and the Relationship between Place, Story, and Self
– Debra Jenkins, PhD: Inspirational Developmental Strategist for Social Change, Social Justice and Equity
Daring Daily: Affirming Self through the use of Counternarratives
– John Furniss: Woodworker
Becoming a Professional Blind Man by Learning to Look at the World in a Different Way
– Rachel O’Rourke: CEO of SPARK Global and O’Rourke Media
How being an Underdog is your Secret Super Power to Success
– Steve Becker: Writer, Interviewer, Life Celebrant
The Worst Thing Imaginable: The Secret to Life after Survival
– Jim West: Commercial Realtor – Jim West Commercial Real Estate/Zenith Properties
Yes, there is Life after Stroke!
Tickets to the 2019 VANtalks event are $15 in advance and $18 at the door. Purchase your seat at www.vantalks.org.
About our Presenting Sponsor: iQ Credit Union
iQ Credit Union provides a unique alternative to banking. Since 1940, iQ Credit Union has stood for personal service, maximum convenience and loan rates you can afford. So, stop by and visit any of our branches often and receive the unique service you deserve. For more information, visit www.iQcu.com